Sunday 13 October 2013

OIP PART 1

okay im finally being brave and imma try to update hehehe ❤
this trip was amazing and I WANNA GO BACK kay time to blog:

day 1: travelling with mixed emotions


DID NOT GET MUCH SLEEP/DID NOT SLEEP AT ALL CAUSE i did not pack my luggage well...... -_- xueying even came to my house at like 4am to pass me some gummies awwwwwwwww so sweet ❤❤❤
then the whole family woke up super early and we cabbed to the airport! THE TAXI WAS FLYING like seriously 120km/h sia damn fast.

reached the airport and stood there awkwardly because I didn't know many people and they weren't there. Yes, of course I dreaded coming to China like mad. no close friends + such a long time away from my loved ones = disaster.

really regretted signing up for OIP when I was on the plane. I felt super depressed and sad like seriously :-( I wished that the plane could just fly back to sg where I knew I would be safe and happy there. Oh well, since I was already halfway there and there was no turning back, I just had to suck it up and accept the fact luh!

the plane ride was UGH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG. and we had to transfer flights from shenzhen to tianjin somemore SO MAFAN.
took this buggy thing in shenzhen to reach the plane and it was fun hehehe

when we reached tianjin it was really kinda hot and I instantly regretted bringing so much thicker clothings, BUT all these changed as the weather got really chilly, especially at night!



anyway, we went to our hostel and it was way better than expected! AC, water dispenser, thick comforter, etc. Nothing fancy but it's enough ;-)

super depressed day tho HAHAHA.

DAY 2: trying to fit in

my first day in Tianjin so I was kinda apprehensive yet looking forward to the day!

with my roomie, Felicia!

FIRST BREAKFAST FROM THE CONVENIENCE STORE! THE MILK IN CHINA IS WEIRD, NOT COLD AND WATERY. ugh


first lecture! then we went back to the room to chill

 went to this shopping mall nearby to do some grocery shopping 


first official meal AND what can I say, i realized how I wont be able to finish 1 portion of food all by myself in china cause it's soooooooooooooo much!

(PEJOYS AND BISCUITS) and the food is cheaper omggggggggggg. like beard papa is slightly cheaper!

with felicia, kevin and justin! wheeeee new friends hehe

homed with eggtarts and yakult on the bus!

had this school tour and we explored the school! China is damn big pls the whole campus is HUGE LIKE YES CHINA IS BLOODY BIG WE CAN AFFORD LAND FOR ONE UNI. 


our fav 麻辣香锅 stall its a must-visit everytime we go to canteen 2!!

with lynette!

stall selling 煎饼果子 we couldn't find this store after this visit HAHAHA

YUMZ

library!

my card (which is very problematic and kept on spoiling, badluckamanda)

oh we also went to 海底 for a yummy dinner hehehe ;-)

Realized that I dislike the 麻辣汤锅 cause the numbing taste is kinda meh.
But the fried mantous were good! the irony to eat so much mantous in a steamboat place ;-)

OUR FAV MANTOUS

me looking like an awesome future housewife HAHAHA

the service there was impeccable they gave us the apron, hot towels, rubberband, ziploc bag for phones and even specs cloth! damn nice pls

group photos!
our table was damn thrifty and we ate way less than the other tables HAHAHA.


night, looking out from the insect net 

DAY 3: streets and night breeze


breakfast: yakult and eggtarts from ytd

good morning :-)

BOMBED

Earpieces for $2+ SGD just cause mine spoilt. unlucky bitch haha but hey im using this right now!

 library!

meow

travelled to italian street! oh we had some boring ass visit to i dunno where before that haha

felicia, me and peixing!

with tzuchun!

 meow! with kitty ears that i've been dying to buy in sg! :-D ONLY $1++ SGD

the place was gorgeous, full of italian (a bit fake tho) charm but the stuff there were so touristy and expensive....
then we travelled to cultural street not far away!


dunno put for how long

 kawaii!

famous 狗不理包子!

tasted like any ordinary meat pau.

麻花~

cheat selling this toy that could miraculously "move on its own" this guy is obviously doing something under his thigh...... remote or magnet maybe?

cultural street was boringz cause im not a cultural person hahaha

KFC NUGGETS. loved the sauce and i was lucky to get fresh nuggets!

LOL some weirdo swimming in the china version of Singapore River like whut?

waited for our river cruise at night!

with ryan!

couples <3

they released 天灯 but we didnt! no time zzz and we hopped on the cruise soon after this

with julie too!

the breeze was awesome!

LOOK AT ST REGIS THE STRUCTURE IS UNBELIEVABLE PLS

DAY 4: 

daily affair: going to the lobby earlier to use the wifi cause our room couldnt use the wifi creating apps.....

printed all our notes and got stranded there cause....... IT POURED

first rainy day in tianjin!

LUNCH! oh and i think that day's lunch was the first time eating school food HAHAHA. oily and salty but yummy

MY LOVE

its so cheap and good like $2++ $3 for one huge plate it deserves another shot

we also had our "welcome party" by the students here 

this red scarf to show that we're respected guests (i think)

And our first culinary class!

made chicken with mash, roasted veg and sauce!

Tbh I don't really fancy group cooking, I would really wanna cook on my own instead
but it was still fun!

DAY 5: 麻辣香锅 X2

breakfast! or did I just buy one additional cake as spare? no clue

"whatcha looking at?"

tried the 麻辣香 recommended by the students there and it was damn oily but so yummy!
hahaha so glad to find my lunch buddies (felicia and justin) cause I always can't finish a portion of the food here, it's ALOT!!! like sg portions x 3 I AM NOT JOKING

hehehe but I seriously cannot understand how can a guy like Justin eat so little!! Stress sia HAHAHA

then we took the usual walk back to our dorm!

just cause justin's eyes were always closing so.....

There's SG FLAG!

my fav kittyland biscuit, milk flavored ❤❤❤

we headed to the shopping area: 滨江道 after lunch!

IT WAS DAMN EX THO WE NEVER TOOK THIS SHIFU'S BUS AGAIN

 I brought kx to china!

REACHED

SUCKED

we were so excited to go to this street but uhhhhhh subsequently we grew sick of this place LOL we visited so often!

we ate the  麻辣香 thing again for dinz LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL but the 3 of us shared and saved $$$$$$ and we were still damn full I think there's something wrong with us HAHAHA

walked around after dinner since the shops here close way too early :-(

it was cold!

starbucks! pretty standard


 DAY 6: suit up, for what?


everyone's fav chicken burger it tastes like a cheap mcspicy!!! (at $1++ whut)

using the morning sunlight to camwhore


lunch shared with dining buddies (felicia and justin!)

visited this super boring exhibition in formal wear but everyone else were in t-shirts and sandals.....

IM IN LOVE WITH ALL THESE PORCELAIN THOUGH. imma collect them when I get my own house!


no seats? squat on the floor then!

OKAY THATS IT FOR TODAY! Next part would be on my beijing trip hehehe! 
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment