Wednesday 10 October 2012

camphobic'12, surprise surprise!

So....... I experienced my first camp in pulau ubin, as well as my first camp being a TL of a group for primers event, and it's also the first time to live in such a horrible place LOL!
you can say that this camp was really memorable to me!

day 1:

I went out early to meet those group mates that could make it to help settle some camp matters!
The ride to pasir ris from bukit gombak killed me cause it was so damn far and I couldn't balance my super heavy bag!
But thankfully I got a seat halfway :DDDDDDD
and there was this SCDF guy sitting next to me, falling asleep and almost resting his head on my shoulder, but he always managed to pull himself upright again HAHAHA!!
when I reached there no one had arrived, so I just sat there waiting and worrying about everything. 
after awhile, we went to mac to do up our flag as well as to confirm what we'll be buying for BYOC(be your own chef= outdoor cooking literally!)
to say the truth, I was seriously so damn annoyed cause the guys kept on wanting to cook curry while the girls agreed that it wasn't practical!
in the end, we bought ingredients for bbq and....... tomyam. chosen by me LOL!

had a super rushed dinner and bused to changi jetty to catch our bumboat ride to pulau ubin! 
hahaha we kinda broke the ice a little when we were looking for the right bus to get there :-)
Told them that I was year one and they...... did not believe me at all. even after I showed them my ex-link card wts!
they thought that I was a yr3 student omg. :-( I AM OLD.
hahaha whatever eh
and they laughed at me cause I kept on approaching people for directions by saying: "Uh, hi!" 
......... :D my group members are weirdly funny!
after reaching pulau ubin, we took a mini bus to ah kok's house, where we'll be staying for the rest of our camp! and I was only seating on a quarter of the seat since it was kind of a squeeze!
we had our night walk, which was kinda cool since the sky was gorgeous, with red rims around the moon and also really boring, cause we waited for hours till it was our turn! 
played bonding games while waiting :-)
we had many many forfeits, which mostly revolved around giving people our numbers or asking for numbers. LOL!
And I got a super weird nickname......... ah ong & ong jie, since I was the TL of the group and they said that they should respect me wth. SUCH OLD-FASHIONED NAMES!
hahaha and we mistook one of our group members as a female ghost during night walk WTH HAHAHA!! 
after that....... think we went to bathe. everyone had to share one bathroom which was grimy and dirty, as well as just a tankful of water. how miserable.
but I sort of bathed :D and went to sleep. 
surprisingly, I fell asleep really quickly :-) 

day 2:

had a miserable breakfast of bread and kaya and planta!

then we walked back to the sleeping hut for some...... talks. zzzzzzzz that was so sleep inducing

where we stay

BUNNY!

LOL mini durians on the tree!

and the ground wth!
I was always worried that these green spiked fruits would fall on my head but apparently they have never fallen on anyone in pulau ubin before...... hmmmmmm that's pretty cool~
after the talk, we went for lunch....... and I was blindfolded, which I absolutely loathe!
HAHAHA obviously I cheated a little and only ate the ingredients and not the rice!
then we had our day activities but it rained halfway and that pretty much dampened our moods...... :-( 
lol I only remember walking along pulau ubin barefooted cause our feet were wet and we had to dry them before wearing shoes for this activity.
OH BTW i was so surprised to see that the tap water from public toilets were brown!!! LIKE OMG so unlike the tapwater in sg.

byoc after that, everyone seemed restless cause it was a super boring afternoon.
but it was fine, apart from the fact that the fire wouldn't boil our water........

the miserable toilet & bathroom. a frog even hopped into the bathroom while someone was showering omg. I was so freaked out :(

stairs that could be dangerous at night!

didn't take much photos cause I didn't have much free time!
after dinner, we went for another night activity, which was to rescue our mentor!
LOL we were the last group to depart so...... yeah. our group's slack but chill yo
told creepy stories to alson (who listened) and sarah & marcia (unsuccessfully, since they ran away LOL)
and it was so fun! we were at the back of the group so it felt especially creepy since no one's got our backs :D
and we had this fire game which we lost really soon cause we trusted another group and they killed us. so it shows that no one can be trusted!
after the game we went back by foot (30 min walk OH GOD) and queued to bathe. this time it took 1h++++++ :'( actually wanted to stay up all night but we were all beat, plus we didn't know what to talk abt so we slept. But my room was too crammed for marcia & I so we slept at the hallway with some mentors & committee members. LOL the guys from my group slept somewhere there too cause there were no more spaces at the original sleeping area. poor us :D

day3:

breakfast of bread with ham & cheese plus yummy milo!
then we went to this beach for cip~
the walk there was unbearably hot but it was a good time to snap some photos while I had the opportunity to do so :-)

this old lady's so damn friendly! she sells coconuts as well as drinks :-)

LOVE THESE LITTLE FLOWERS they are so pretty <3

cleaning the beach was kinda fun cause we discovered loads of weird stuff!

group photo!

pepsi after a tiring day was extremely satisfying!

sarah with our flag for the flag decorating competition!

LOL my bag!

alson that got a million bites cause he didn't have a sleeping bag and had to sleep on the floor on day 1........
he scratched himself till his arms were so scarred!

with marcia! selcas leggo!


and also with sarah!

lunch was actually quite nice :-)

after lunch we had our grouptime whereby we...... talked abt the stuff that you did when a camp's ending!

coffee for the coffee addict (alson) from nicolette!

and we had our group photo! JEAN GREY GROUP 6 camphobic'12 ftw
clarence, nicolette, sarah, Lijun, jeremy, kaixiang, marcia, me, alson & zowie!
but zhiyong wasn't here for the phototaking cause he had to leave for the jetty first :-(
but really, even though my group wasn't the best, I really love them so much cause they overlooked how noob I was as a leader and we really had fun! :-) well, almost all the time at least!

with marcia! she was so damn sweet when she said that she learnt alot from alson and I! she also said that I was very mature and nice <333333 awwwww ily too!
then we took the minibus & ferry back to sg! had some drinks at a coffeeshop nearby. horrible service but the lemon drink that I ordered was AWESOME. so damn refreshing!

after coming back from pulau ubin I have a million insect bites which I am trying very hard not to scratch, I love my toilet, bathroom & bed and I am absolutely amazed by how insect free singapore is! :D

jean grey's meeting this saurday as well and Im so excited! lakota meetup on sunday! WHOOHOO SO FUN! <3333333333333 missed everyone luh!

hahaha realized that the post is rather slipshod as well, cause I am tired and I should sleep soon since I have my cruise tmr and I HAVE NOT FINISHED PACKING WTS.
goodnight love xoxo <3 seeya soon teehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment