Sunday 17 March 2013

empty spaces

suddenly woke up with this really strong........... feel to write something. So here am I.
.
.
.

My sister and I sleep in the same room, with her sleeping on the bed while I sleep on a mattress on the floor. There used to be a huge space under her bed frame, and somehow I suddenly thought of that space as I woke up just now. That space may seem insignificant but it actually held memories for me which I would cherish.

I remember how I used to roll under my sis bed during hot nights, lying on the cool marble floor and falling asleep under her bed, how I hid from my sister when she was angry with me, how I poked my sister from under her bed through the mattress, how I used to cry in that space with my face buried in my pillow and body curled up in my blanket. I also used to lie in that little space and do nothing but just think about the future. How I would be in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years. Would I die in a freak accident? Would I get married and have children? Would I be alone and never loved? Would I graduate from poly and would I be working wherever I want? All these questions seemed endless in my mind and it was in this insignificant space under my sister's bed where I actually found comfort. The marble floor may be hard, but somehow it felt just nice for me. It may be dusty but I actually thought that the dusty smell made me feel more at home and at ease.

Now that my sister's bed frame has finally broke from years of endless torturing, that space has been replaced by a new bed. I find it weird that I actually remembered that space but this shows that every little thing matters. What may seem insignificant to the world may just hold that one special memory to someone else. No matter how alone and abandoned you may feel, like you're the only one standing in the whole wide world, just know that there must be that someone who loves you and cherishes you.

so yeah, I miss that little space under my sister's old bed but it'll never be there again. So cherish every little thing and every single person around you, for they may be gone before you know it. And time can never be rewound, once they're gone, you'll never get them back again.
.
.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment